The Australian Taxation Office continues to announce significant increases in their audit activities. Now more than ever individuals, businesses, and self-managed superannuation funds are at risk of being selected for an audit.
A full tax audit demands a great amount of time, personal stress and cost. Depending upon the complexity of your financial affairs and how far back the audit examines, the average accounting fee for even simple audits can be quite significant.
As part of our services, Cooper & Associate Accountants has taken out an Audit Insurance Master Policy to cover the professional fees incurred in preparing responses to audits conducted by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and government agencies.
This service is tax deductible as an expense of managing your income tax affairs, reducing the low cost even further.
If you wish to participate in our Audit Insurance Master Policy, or would like more information, including a Frequently Asked Question brochure, please contact our office.
Cooper & Associates Accountants offer professional bookkeeping services. We tailor our services to suit your business and develop a system that adapts as your grow.
Our bookkeeping solutions include the following services:
- Bank transaction processing
- Bank reconciliation
- Invoicing and Debtor reconciliation
- Bills and Creditor reconciliation
- Payroll processing
- Superannuation processing
- Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reporting
Our use of cloud based software services allows Cooper & Associates Accountants service Gladstone and the surrounding areas, but intrastate, interstate and internationally as well. To find out more about our bookkeeping service, please contact us.
Our entity establishment services include:
- Supply of Company – including all paperwork printed and collated with all notices, minutes and supporting documentation presented in a deluxe corporate secretarial register
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) Company registration fee
- Attending to all company secretarial matters arising from the incorporation of the Company including appointment as registered ASIC Agent
- Supply of Trust Deed – including all paperwork printed, collated and presented in a deluxe trust register
- Preparation and electronic lodgement of various Australian Taxation Office (ATO) applications, as appropriate, to register entities for:
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Tax File Number (TFN)
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Pay As You Go Withholding (PAYG)
- Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
- Fuel Tax Credits (FTCs)
To learn more about our entity establishment services, or to discuss your business structure requirements, please contact the Cooper & Associates Accountants office.
As part of our commitment of being a one stop business shop, Cooper & Associates Accountants includes Estate Planning services. We believe that if managed properly, careful estate planning can streamline the distribution of your legacy and protect your assets into the future.
Our experienced team works with you and your other trusted advisors to help you navigate the complexities of planning the distribution of your estate to implement effective tax-efficient estate planning measures.
It is never too early to start thinking about, and planning for your estate. Contact us to find out more.
HR and Payroll Advisory
In line with our mission of offering personalised and professional service, advice and support to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your business, we provide a Human Resources and Payroll advisory service.
Our HR specialist and the team at Cooper & Associates Accountants can help you with:
- Assistance with the establishment of payroll and HR systems
- Support in administering payroll
- Assisting with general payroll enquiries
- Facilitating resolutions to payroll errors
- Understanding and complying with your Superannuation Guarantee requirements
- Assistance with complying with Superannuation Choice of Fund requirements
- Assistance with the interpretation and implementation of the National Employment Standards (NES)
- Assistance with transition to Single Touch Payroll reporting
- Interpretation of employment awards
- Long Service Leave calculations
- Termination payment calculations
- Salary packaging and benchmarking
- Performance management programs
- Guidance with incentive and bonus schemes
For more information or to arrange an appointment with our HR specialist, please contact our office.
Retirement planning is essential to ensure you are able to comfortably meet your dreams, goals and aspirations later in life. It is important to ensure your retirement income is structured to suit your needs and objectives.
At Cooper & Associates Accountants, retirement planning is all about what works for you, based on your unique personal circumstances. Our team of specialists offer advice and current strategies on retirement planning that is both tax efficient and investment effective.
It’s never too early to start planning for retirement. Contact Cooper & Associates Accountants to discuss your retirement planning needs, or for more information.